Wednesday, September 26, 2007

They're Here. And They're Queer (No Offense)


Ladies and Gentlemen, it's official, the new widescreen Ipods are in stores. Had they had, say, the capacity of all the other Ipods before it, then I would be in line right about now geeking out with my fellow Apple lovers. But guess what, I'm not. And there is only one reason why I've been deprived of that glorious moment. And his name is Steve Jobs. Yes, Steve, you. You screwed us royally man. 16GB? Really? Do you even know how much space one itunes downloadable movie uses? Or how about how much capacity it takes to carry an entire season of The Office. Oh Wait, you fixed that problem already didn't you. You smug bastard.

If it wasn't for the fact that my MacBook Pro is my boyfriend I'd really think about quitting you altogether. But I can't. You are a necessity until the Zume, or ZaZu, or whatever the hell the competition is called gets good. Which is never, sigh. And I would just stick to my 20GB 5th generation click wheel but it's dying a slow painful death. It's on suicide watch right now. I really don't want to talk about it. Damn you m4p encripted music! So it's inevitable. A new purchase is on the horizon. There is just no way around it. So you tell me, should I go ahead and buy the 16GB widescreen Ipod and upgrade in about 8 months or so, (because I fully expect a larger capacity unit by June)? Comment Below.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Conundrum! So sad about the lack of gigs on the beautiful new Touch. I'm going to have to go with the 80 for my personal storage philosophy, but I think yours is more aligned with the 16.