Sunday, October 21, 2007

Radiohead's Rainbows



I finally got around to downloading the new Radiohead album "In Rainbows" for $0.00 dollars. Frankly I felt bad at first but now after my first listen I feel REALLY bad. The album is quite incredible. Actually, "incredible" is putting it mildly. It's astounding and classic Radiohead, if that term can even be applied to them. I don't know, but there is something about this particular band and its music that puts me in a sort of zen-like trance. Kind of like the feeling I get while watching that scene of all the sisters frolicking in the grass in The Virgin Suicides. Such lackadaisical melancholy. I love it. My early favorites are Reckoner and Jigsaw Falling Into Place. Click on the image for the link to buy the album at whatever price you want. Now don't be stingy, you'll regret it.

1 comment:

Me said...

I couldn't agree with you more M. I was rather excited at the news of a new album, and I downloaded the second it came out. But I agree with you in that you should feel bad about not paying.

B