Monday, August 17, 2009

Imogen's Imagination

Imogen Heap drops her latest album on August 24th. Now if you're a friend of mine on facebook then you know that her album, Speak for Yourself, ranked as one of my top five most influential albums. It was her voice that lead me to Au Revoir Simone, Air, Psapp, and many more. I like to think of it as ethereal electronica. A couple of years ago I had the chance to see Imogen live with Jennifer. It still is one of my favorite concerts of all time. As layered and complex as her sound is, 90% of it is all her. You think I'm lying but I'm not. She loops her voice and other instruments to be able to do it. She is one impressive artist. Imogen embedded her new album on her website for a listen. I've copied the code and put it here for you guys to enjoy. God I love her:


No comments: